Senior Care Manager
Capitol County Children’s Collaborative (CCCC) is a non-profit care management organization located in Hamilton, New Jersey and operating throughout Mercer County, New Jersey. We are part of a statewide effort to ensure that all children have access to the full array of resources available. CCCC works in partnership with children and their families to improve and expand services needed to maintain and stabilize children in their homes and communities. CCCC respects the diversity of those we serve and utilizes a variety of community-based alternatives to residential and psychiatric hospitalization. In 2015 we are expanding our services to include children through adolescents with chronic medical conditions along with their mental health challenges. (Behavioral Health Home). We are seeking candidates for the position of Senior Care Manager.
- Plan and coordinate service utilization, needs, gaps, and linkages in conjunction with the Community Resource Manager.
- Complete all required documentation, plan development and target performance goals as defined by the contract and the internal QAPI plan established by the Capitol County Children's Collaborative.
- Assist the Care Manager Supervisor(s) and/or Senior Management Team in securing data and report production when deemed appropriate.
- Empower youth and families, emphasizing informal support development and community resources.
- Develop a strength based family driven plan utilizing both formal and informal resources to stabilize and sustain healthier family functioning.
- Identify all services to families in the ISP and ensure that authorization is obtained from Perform Care, the Care Manager Supervisor and/or Chief Operations Officer.
- Serve as a role model for other Care Managers in Capitol County Children's Collaborative and to children and their families being served by Capitol County Children's Collaborative.
- Support, mentor, and provide guidance to Care Managers (under the direction of the Care Manager Supervisor) including, but not limited to:
- Assist in training new Care Managers.
- Accompany Care Manager(s) to Child Family Team meetings, initial visits, crisis situations, etc. as needed.
- Assist in development of crisis plans and ISPs.
- Assist Care Managers in time management, organizing, and prioritizing.
- Act as peer mentor.
- Conduct first face to face meetings with newly enrolled families, completing family vision and crisis plans when directed by Supervisor/designee or when Supervisor is unavailable.
- Review Individual Service Plans when Care Manager Supervisor is unavailable.
- Cover, in addition to own cases, youth/families of other Care Managers when they are unavailable.
- Cover on call schedule when need arises due to Care Manager leave, paid time off, vacant Care Manager positions, etc.
- Work with family and Care Manager in assisting the family to secure Medicaid or 3560 eligibility. Complete PE application online within 72 hour of obtaining completed application, if the Care Manager Supervisor is not available.
- Bachelor's degree majoring in: Social Work, Counseling, Psychology, Sociology, Special Education, Psychiatric Nursing, Criminal Justice, or related field. (Required)
- Experience in child/adolescent development and knowledge of collaboration with community based service. (Preferred)
- Minimum one year experience working with children and family with emotional, behavioral, and/or mental health needs (Required).
- At least one year experience as a Care Manager working with a Care Management Organization (CMO)/Unified Care Management organization (UCM) in the New Jersey Children's System of Care (Required).
- Clinically and culturally competent and responsive, with ability to manage complex cases across child serving systems. (Required)
- Prior wrap-around experience (not required, but would be a "plus")
- Experience with community relations and resource development (would be a "plus")
- Bilingual language skills (Spanish or other language in addition to English) (would be a "plus")
- Must be able to pass driving background check.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and other supporting documentation via fax (609-584-6198) or email to [email protected]