LifeTies: Mercer County Family Engagement Program
The Mercer County Family Engagement Program is one of the growing number of Family Engagement Programs throughout the country. This program has been established in response to studies which have shown that involving families of youth involved through the juvenile justice process leads to better outcomes for youth. In addition, treatment interventions that actively engage the youth and their families are known to be the most effective. It is much more likely that youth with involved families will successfully finish their programs and not offend again.
This voluntary program will help the families access information and services, navigate the juvenile justice system, and advocate for their children in court, with probation, detention center and with their treatment plans.
Families can access a variety of services from the program to:
- Navigate the Juvenile Justice System
- Explain Juvenile Justice System Terms and Processes
- Set Goals to Advocate for their Children
- Learn about social services in the community to meet their needs
- Facilitate connections to key people in schools and community agencies to address their needs.
- General support to assist them while their youth are involved in the juvenile justice system.
Family & Support Services
Behavioral / Mental Health
Last Updated: 10/30/19