Health / Wellness Specialist / Educator (multiple openings)
We are seeking candidates for the positions of Health/Wellness Specialist/Educator, reporting to our Nursing Team Leader, as part of this expansion.
- Participate in the Wraparound Model of collaboration within the Child Family Team model as it pertains to the development of self-management health goals to be included in the service plan.
- Provide wellness education, specific and general, to chronic conditions of assigned youth including but not limited to: obesity/weight issues, eating disorders, nutrition, and fitness issues.
- Provide education to children and their parents on health promotion planning and activities, including motivating/intervening to increase treatment and medication compliance and support of lifestyle change.
- Facilitate regular contact via phone calls and face-to-face meetings with assigned youth and their families to monitor progress, provide support to the self-management goals included in the service plan, and participate in transitional care and follow-up on assigned youth.
- Bachelor’s degree in Health Education, Nutrition, Dietetics, or related field. (Required)
- Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES) certification. (Would be a Plus)
- Interest in children through adolescents and their well-being.(Required)
- 2 or more years’ work experience with young children through adolescents in areas such as exercise and fitness and/or wellness/preventive health measures. (Required)
- Strong teaching, oral communication, and written communication skills. (Required)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. (Required)
- Ability to work some evening and weekend hours in addition to weekday work schedule. (Required)
- Must hold valid driver’s license and be able to travel throughout Mercer County, New Jersey and other New Jersey locations. (Required)
- Bilingual language skills (Spanish or other language(s)) in addition to English. (Would be a plus.)
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and other supporting documentation via fax (609-584-6198) or email to [email protected]